Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Devil Went Down to Georgia

I have been called to go to Atlanta, Georgia. Apparently, a proxy has found themselves arrested for voluntary manslaughter. Not murder, just manslaughter, thankfully. Makes it a little bit easier to get them out.

And yes, I am member of the State Bar of Georgia. I am member of lots of State Bars. One of the perks of being a proxy lawyer.

Unfortunately, this means leaving Hexxus to watch the place when I am gone. I just hope he doesn't completely empty the fridge before I get back.

4 comments:

  1. With any luck, the prosecuter won't be named "Johnny."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please spare a minute on the ignorant, and tell me; What's the difference between murder, and manslaughter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murder requires "malice aforethought" - you have to know you are going to kill someone before doing so. If you don't know - if there is no prior intent - and just simply end up killing someone (like hitting them with a car), that's manslaughter.

      Now, voluntary manslaughter does have "malice aforethought," but there are mitigating circumstances. These include provocation (usually during a fight), imperfect self-defense, and diminished culpability (usually a mental deficiency).

      Which one am I working on? No clue. I need to get my client's testimony first and see what I need to change about it.

      Delete
  3. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? THE SLENDER MAN HAS LAWYERS!!?? UGH!!!

    Okay, If you're going to Georgia, maybe I'll come by if I have the time. I've got a lot of things to take care of, but maybe I can squeeze in a visit to Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete